Construction of the P.E.T. Care Campus has finally begun! After almost ten years of working toward the goal of a new Animal Shelter, Friends of Cookeville/Putnam County Animals took great delight in witnessing the Cookeville City Council vote unanimously to approve both the contract and bond issue to complete funding the new state-of-the-art Animal Shelter! The new shelter will be built on the P.E.T. Care Campus located adjacent to Hyder-Burks Pavilion on Gainesboro Grade.
* THANK YOU to everyone who donated time, money and materials to reach this milestone! Check back here often for building progress & updates!
* KUDOS to Architect Mary Johnson (Michael Brady Inc.) for designing the plans for this fab new Shelter!
* HURRAY! T.U. Parks Construction Co. from Chattanooga has been awarded the project.
* YIPPEE! Donnie Elkins of Elk Mountain Construction has begun site clearing!
DON’T STOP NOW!
Now we need to work on furnishings for the new facility. Naming opportunities still available for several important rooms in the new shelter, as well as, many items needed to furnish the interior areas, benches and landscape materials for the exterior. Detailed information coming soon.
WHAT ELSE WILL BE ON THE P.E.T. CARE CAMPUS YOU ASK?
P.E.T. stands for Pets, Education &Training in a Campus style environment.
In addition to the new Cookeville/Putnam County Animal Shelter, the Campus will include two Roger & Marion Moore off-leash dog parks, an educational center and a Small Animal Disaster Rescue facility. Do we hear a big “WOOF”?
Copyright 2010-2013 Cookeville/Putnam County Animals
KROGER GIFT CARDS - Purchase a gift card from the Friends Group for $5, and it comes with $5 loaded on the card ready for use, recharge your card when you visit any Krogers,and a portion of your Kroger shopping purchases (including gas) goes to the Friends group.
P.E.T. CARE CAMPUS UPDATE
PLEASE HELP OUR ANIMAL SHELTER by donating needed supplies.
These items may be dropped off at the Animal Shelter, 2105 West Jackson Street,
Monday - Saturday Noon – 4 p.m.
*Liquid Laundry Detergent (non bleach)
*Clay Cat Litter
*Purina Dry Kitten Food
*Purina Dry Puppy Food
*Cat Carriers (medium or large)
*First Class Postage Stamps
*Small Blankets and bath towels ( gently used is fine)
* Monetary Donations to Animal Shelter
*** MOST IMPORTANT ***
Forever Homes for Shelter Animals!
We welcome your thoughts, ideas and questions on this project!
Read Our December Paw Prints E-Newsletter Here
This is YOU putting the fun back in fundraising by going on your next VACATION:
Everyone you know takes a vacation at least once a year- why not book through a travel agency that gives back to your cause!
P.E.T. CARE CAMPUS NAMING OPPORTUNITIES
SITE WORK BEGINS AT THE PET CARE CAMPUS!
8th Annual Fur Ball
Saturday, January 18, 2014
* Call the Fur Ball Hotline at (931) 858-2228 and we will return your call with reservation details.
* Email us your name & contact info at: email@example.com. We will be happy to send you the formal invitation w/ enclosed response card.
* Or mail your check for $100 per person to Mrs. Jane Gray, Fur Ball Reservations, 120 Askin Lane, Baxter, TN 38544. Be sure to include your name, guests names, and your email address so that you will receive your reservation confirmation.
Visit One Hour Martinizing at 377 Foutch Drive, Cookeville, for $20 off Tux Rental.
Event Photography by Charles Brown
Reservations sell quickly - don't delay! Join in the fun and help furnish the new animal shelter!